If you’re new here, I hope this page will be a good starting point to my website. If you’re a frequent visitor, you can still get a lot out of this page. Think of it like a quick reference guide. Screen reader users can have a landing page to browse without having to work through menus and trees and lists and child pages and the like.
That’s a thing people should understand right off the bat. Screen reader users are a priority for me. Making things easier on sighted people isn’t as high on my list. I guess that’s because I’m totally blind myself. I used to be legally blind until my 2017 birthday when Glaucoma robbed me of my previous 20/200 vision.
I tried to make things easier for low vision readers before I lost my vision. I hope the contrast makes it easy.
Now, onto what I do and what I’m all about. I’m an author, speaker, advocate, editor, and accessibility consultant and tester. I’m a proud gay male. I’m a journalist but I also dabble in fiction from time to time. I often start or assist in many advocacy causes. I aid research firms, teams, and companies actively researching accessibility. It’s rare that I do any of this for free.
I’m a huge advocate and consumer of audiobooks, audio dramas, and movies and TV shows with audio description.
I stutter so prefer written communication.
I’ll answer emails faster than voicemails, if I even answer voicemails at all.
Below will be some quick links and screen reader tips.
- A site map of pages.
- Accessibility work.
- Blog and news. You can also Subscribe to my personal updates via email
- writing overview. This holds links to archives, outlets, awards, and highlights.
- Event information. This holds information about all events including how to book and view past events.
- My books.
- Donate to me. Apart from buying my books or hiring me directly.
- Events calendar to see what I’m up to and where I’m presenting.
- Press and interviews.
- Playlists featuring fiction and nonfiction.
Screen reader tips.
- The navigation bar at the top of every page has child menus. It also has a landmark tag.
- When clicking anything in my writing archive or any other category or tag page, use headings to jump titles. press enter on the title to see the content.
- Category and tag links are beneath the author bio on posts.