Various newspapers, blogs, radio/TV stations, and magazines, Chicago, Illinois.
Writer,Columnist, Editor, and Reporter.
(06/2006 to present)
- Kept society away from daytime TV with richly entertaining articles spanning a wide array of beats contributing to the overall expansion of literacy and helping the economy.
- Gathered unique story angles thanks to copious compliments of a guy’s hair even when it looked utterly ghastly.
- Passionately sacrificed a few editor deadlines to ensure thorough fact and source checking and to deepen stories for the betterment of the paper.
- Vigorously reported on stories generated by news desk and assignment desk before preparing for the long rides with downloads of contemporary romance novels and Star Wars books.
- Ensured that my Microsoft Word spell checking dictionary was up to date to prevent typos.
- Enthusiastically met deadlines with every assignment by including emails with cute smiley faces in my signature.
- Graciously attended every event a PR person invited me to and maintained professionalism by not yawning once.
- Captivatingly listened to article subjects without looking like I am dazed or looking at my cell to see if I have been invited on a date, resulting in deeper human interest stories.
- Disabled “Poke” notifications from Facebook so I could procrastinate my guilty pleasure until I got off work.
- Beamed like a gossiping schoolgirl, keeping the companies lively fervor, every time someone quoted my articles.